2021 Global Mentoring Cohort
To apply as a mentor, you should be either a current or retired elite, professional or world class athlete. Successful applicants will begin on-boarding and training in December 2020 in preparation for initiation sessions with mentees in January. View training schedule here. While this is not a paid position, our mentors receive a host of unique training opportunities and an experience that money can’t buy! Download the 2020 Mentor Position Description.pdf
Mentors should be open to exploring new aspects of themselves, their performance, and sport in general, and motivated to help create a more positive, compassionate culture of sport for all.
To apply as a mentee, you should be aged 15-24, and dedicated to your sport(s) of choice. The cost of the programme is £950 / $1200, for one year of personalised, one-to-one mentoring from one of our wonderful elite athlete mentors. We are fundraising to be able to provide scholarships to those who are unable to afford these costs. Successful applicants will begin their mentoring year in January 2021. Read more about the programme.
Mentees should be open to exploring new aspects of themselves, their performance, and sport in general, and motivated to help create a more positive, compassionate culture of sport for all.
- Step 1: Click the button above to complete our application form. Deadline for applications: November 9th, 2020
- Step 2: Applications are reviewed by The True Athlete Project's global mentoring leadership team
- Step 3: Candidates are informed if they have been selected for an interview (November)
- Step 4: Interviews take place (November)
- Step 5: Successful candidates are informed and sent their on-boarding pack! Mentor training begins in December and mentoring begins in January 2021.